Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Photo Dump//November


It's time for another photo dump! 
 I'm sorry my photos aren't as nice as Daminika's. I still haven't mastered the art of cell phone photography, but I'm learning. 

Lunch break at work

got in a little baking amidst the chaos
of life *winks*

sometimes you need to have a little
moment with tea in the morning. Don't forget
the pretty tea cup and a slice of pie

Sitting in the dentists waiting for my sister

Love this drink. #kevitasaveslives

My dad finished my hope chest so I dug out 
all my boxes and found my old Barbie that I 
brought EVERYWHERE. Oh, the memories of a faded old doll!

Stack of letters <3

Babysitting selfie!

picking out a new pair of glasses

Thanksgiving music <3

And Felicity's Bridal Shower was a success!
Aren't they cute?

I made this sash myself. *pats self on back*
(Marita made the corsage)

Oh, the joy of a crackling fire!


Christmastime in my hometown! 
Santa came for a visit, and the kids rushed to greet him. 
Of course, my family didn't, since we've known since birth the man 
is a myth. *wink*

Snuggled by the fire and reading my favorite magazine



My mom has been reading my Great-Grandpa Orville's diary out loud to us, and I have been enjoying it <3 
 He was such a sweet young man, and it's fascinating to hear about the Depression and the War from a boy's point of view. 
 He writes of my Great-great uncles Marvin and Laverne being in the service and includes letters from them. 
 They sounded so homesick, but hopeful that the war would soon be over. 
That was in 1942, and the war would go on for another 3 years, during which my uncle Marvin would fight in the Battle of the Bulge, and lose his hearing in one ear because of the artillery. 
 Grandpa also writes like a young man searching, confiding that he wishes he could be a Christian like brother Laverne, and hoping someday he will be. 
 It's sort of sad when I know that he never truly found peace until just before he passed away, but then, it doesn't really matter when we know that he's now Home, free from struggles and turmoil. 
 I'm also thankful I was able to have some memories of him before he died last April. <333

The weather here has been a little too warm for my liking. 
 It's December! It's supposed to be below 40 degrees, not above. 
But I'm sure the cold weather will come all too soon, and I'll be groaning for spring. Complainer. 
 I've gotten some Christmas shopping in! 
It's so much fun to walk the stores, Christmas music playing, lights and snowflakes adorning the ceilings, windows and shops, bundled in a scarf and boots. 
 Nibbling on a warm pretzel. *mmmmmmmmmmmm*

It's the most wonderful time of the year! <333
Merry Christmas!

What are some of your favorite things about this time of year?

Have you got any Christmas shopping done?

                                                                     LaKaysha



8 comments:

  1. That's really neat about the journal your Mom is reading!! I loved all these pictures!! (I'm kinda new here, so Hi!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved our Christmas shopping trip! It actually made it feel like Christmas time. I've been soo busy I haven't been able to feel that snuggly feeling. *sighs*
    I really like when you girls do photo dumps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. loved all of these photos!! i agree with felicity—your photo dumps are always very fun. :)
    warm pretzels sounds amazing. i need that recipe ;)
    also those glasses look soo cute on you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed the pictures! I love everything about Christmas. The joy, the music, the goodies, thinking of special things to buy my kids. I finished Christmas shopping besides stocking stuffers, but have to wait for a zillion packages to come in the mail!

    ReplyDelete