Saturday, December 9, 2017

The Christmas Tag


Oh, goodie! I've been tagged. 
 I was trying to think of what to blog next and was coming up empty. My little ol' sister Daminika tagged me for this one. 

1. What is your favorite Christmas movie? 
Hmm.... That's hard. 
 I really enjoy 'It's a Wonderful Life', 'Shop Around the Corner', 'I'll Be Seeing You'.... 
I also love 'An Avonlea Christmas'. That one gives me such a warm feeling.

2. Have you ever had a white Christmas? 
Once. Four feet of snow, and it was magical.

3. Where do you usually spend your holiday?
Home sweet home. <3 
 Except on a different day we spend the Warnke Christmas at my grandpa's. Both are just as special to me. 

4. What is your favorite Christmas song? 
Uhhhh, way to many to name. Seriously.

5. Do you open any Christmas gifts on Christmas Eve?
We used to as kids. One gift on Christmas Eve, but we don't really anymore. 

6. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, and Rudolph. 
 *LIKE A BOSS*

7. What Holiday Tradition are you looking forward to most this year?
Hmm.... probably the Warnke Christmas? It's something I look forward to every year, gathering in that familiar house with loved ones.

8. Is your Christmas Tree real or fake? 
Real. I'd never want to go back to fake if I ever had a choice.

9. What is your all-time favorite holiday food/sweet treat?
Besides Christmas dinner? Oh, boy. I'm not a huge one for sweets. I guess my mom's Mocha Truffles?

10. Be honest: Do you like giving gifts or receiving gifts better? 
Both, I guess. *laughs* It would be lying to say I don't enjoy getting them, but I also love picking out gifts for my family and feeling that warm satisfaction when they open them.

11. What is the best gift you've ever received? 
Woooowwww...... I don't know. *scrambles for any gift*
 The Great Escape?
Strange one to pick, I know, but that's one I really had a reaction to. I love that movie. *wink*
Oh, I guess there was the time I got Sherlock Holmes. Leather bound, beautiful cover... <333333333 I'm a leather book addict

12. What would be your dream place to visit for the holiday season?
*wrinkles nose, deep in thought* 
 Maybe Disneyland? Or Leavenworth? 
My biggest dream would be my Grandpa's ranch, but that's impossible now. *sniff*

13. Are you a pro present-wrapper or do you fail miserably. 
Utter fail.

14. Most memorable holiday moment? 
.......................uhhhhhhhh........
 I've had so many! 
Sitting down in the sunken living room at my Grandpa's, curled in his lap, playing with his dark beard while he read the Christmas Story aloud in his deep, homey voice. 
 That's something about the season I will always treasure. 

15. What made you realize the truth about Santa?
Never had to. I was always aware the man didn't exist. 

16. Do you make New Year's resolutions? Do you stick to them?
I make a resolution every day, let alone on New Year's. *laughs* 
 As for sticking to them, I guess it varies, really.  

17. What makes the holiday special for you? 
The music. The food. The decorations. 
 The beautiful warm feeling of love as the family gathers and reads about the Christ Child, born in a manger so long ago. 
 Born so you and I could live forever, in a place of pure joy and happiness. 
I love that the feeling of fellowship is a small taste of what waits in heaven for all that love Him. 

I tag: 
Julia Ryan @the barefoot gal 
Sophy  @lavender and blue 


Merry, Merry Christmas, everyone, and God bless! <3333333
                                                                   LaKaysha

3 comments:

  1. Enjoyed reading this! I think gifts is my love language so I enjoy both the giving and getting. It is so fun when you've come up with a great idea for a gift and to watch them open it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed this!
    I love giving gifts so much! Its like the best feeling ever *grins*
    Buttt.... I won't complain if I am given any myself ;)

    ReplyDelete