Wednesday, February 19, 2020

The Blood on the His Hands


The Blood On His Hands

I have a heart inside my chest, made of bits of broken glass
The One Who put it back together again was sure to make it last. 

Through the long, hard tests of time, bits of my heart fell away 
Because of things someone did, or what someone forgot to say 

In vain I tried to piece it myself, to fix what had been shattered
But I only made it worse than before, and all the pieces were scattered. 

Then my Jesus came with open arms and told me not to fear 
That He would heal my hurting wounds and wipe away each tear 

With love shining in His eyes, He assured me all was well 
And He pulled my soul from great distress, and plucked me from where I fell 

Despite the sharp bits of my broken heart that
cut into his palm, 
He endured the pain to take away my own, and to my storm brought calm. 

He took the broken pieces that I had scattered throughout all the lands 
And pieced them back together again, with the crimson blood from His Hands 

LaKaysha Stenersen
February 2020

Ever since I heard the song "Broken Things" by Juliet Turner, which is a really pretty tune about a broken heart, I had this image in my mind. Despite it being about a man and a woman, it seemed to depict a picture of Christ as well.
For months I had this picture of Christ putting my broken heart back together again, but I just couldn't seem to find the words to put that image for others to see.
The final line rang through my thoughts for a long time, and I was finally able to sit down and finish the rhyme. What do you ya'll think?
It probably could be better, but I write what comes to me. I only wish I could do the beautiful revelation justice... it was a lovely image in my heart. <3



I couldn't find a very good video of Juliet Turner singing it, so you'll have to hear it by this woman instead. This is the song that inspired the poem. <3 

I hope you all enjoyed that! Have a wonderful day, and God bless. <33

                                                                                           LaKaysha

8 comments: