Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Top Ten Couples: Books


We all have those books that make us want to jump right into the pages, right? 
 Even as a little girl, there were those couples from fiction that just captured me imagination and made me feel all 'swoony' inside. Of course, since I was, what, ten years old, the couples may be a little cheesy now. 
 Mandie and Joe may be cute, but those books are waaaayyy too childish for me now. And Mandie always annoyed me... So yeah, I admit it. It was Joe I liked. 
 The same probably goes for Nancy Drew and Ned. 
But there are some book couples that still bring a smile to my face!

10. Henri and Louise (The Meeting Place: Song of Acadia) 
By Janette Oke



Ah, it's been a while since I've read this one. But I used to love the 'Song of Acadia' series, and my favorite couple would have to be from the the very first book. Henri and Louisa. <333
 I haven't read these books in a long, long time (maybe eight or nine years) so it's hard for me to elaborate too much on their relationship. 
 But whenever I think of those books, I remember how much I liked the young French couple, and it brings back warm memories. 

9. Rosemarie and Derrick (An Uncertain Choice)
By Jody Hedlund


Lady and Knight.... I recommend NOT going to this site... but I wanted to re-pin THIS pic :)

I read this after I lost interest in most romance novels (besides Janette Oke and Louis L'Amour) and though this was a sweet book, and Derrick the most dashing knight. 
 I haven't found many medieval romances that I liked, but this couple was cute!
I was so glad Rosemarie didn't turn out to be some I-can-do-whatever-a-man-can-do feminist that every author likes to turn the maids of old time into, and I was pleasantly surprised to find her sweet, charming and gentle. Derrick, in turn, is strong, chivalrous and kind, making them an adorable couple. Yeah, maybe so parts in this book are cheesy, but I am willing to overlook it it it means getting to read about a sweet, and romantic couple like this. 
 It's about a Knight and a Lady, ya'll. What's not to love?



8. Missie and Willie (Love Comes Softly series)
By Janette Oke 



I don't even feel like I need to explain... I mean, everyone knows Missie and Willie, right? <3
 Their childhood of 'disliking' each other, that blossoms into love; so cute. I had such a crush on Willie as a little girl, and wanted to be Missie so I could marry him. 
 His boyish charm and Missie's youthful spunk make them such a happy pair. 


7. Coral and Jace (Heart of India series)
By Linda Chaikin



I'm currently reading this series as the moment. It's one of the few romance series that I will go back to, over and over. (Years ago I mentioned it in a book post)
 No matter how many times I read it, I am enchanted by the mysterious beauty of India and the romance between a sea-faring adventurer and a silk heiress. 
 Jace is strong and kind, a little skeptical, and secretly sensitive, while Coral is unwavering, sympathetic and giving. They seem to even each other out quite nicely.
 If you haven't read these, I highly suggest you do!


6. Justin and Brook (The Lost Heiress)
By Rosanna M. White


Aw, these two are so sweet. <3
 I love their comfortable relationship, and how they treat each other as best friends (as all couples should!). Which makes sense since they grew up together and for a while, Brook thinks of Justin as a brother...or at least she pretends she does. 
 The way they are always there for each other is heartwarming. When Justin's father suddenly passes away, and Brook goes flying to him, knowing he needs her...It reflects on just how much they truly love each other. 
 And the fact that Brook as a special name for him is so cute. <3


5. Ariana and Laramie (A Gown of Spanish Lace)
By Janette Oke



One of my very first romance novels, and one of my favorites for years
 I have always loved cowboys and the Old West, so this couple was right up my alley. 
Laramie's gentle nature is swoonworthy to any girl between the ages of six and fifty, and the fact that he rescues her definitely helps draw us. Ariana's quiet air is sweet, and breathtaking. 
 Maybe I don't read this as often anymore, since it's aimed at younger girls, but they will always have a special place in my heart. The fact that his name is 'Laramie' is cool in itself, so... there is that.


4. Anne and Gilbert (Anne of Green Gables series)
By L.M. Montgomery



Our favorite redhead marries the dashing, charming young man from Avonlea! 
 What can I say to describe these two? Gilbert is so adorable and patient, waiting for his 'Carrots' to finally come to her senses and realize she loves him. 
 Anne, when she finally gets that through her thick head, gives us the sweetest line in the entire series: 
"I don't want sunbursts or marble halls. I just want you."
*wipes away a tear, because WHERE IS MY GILBERT*


3. Laura and Almanzo (Little House on the Prairie series)
By Laura Ingalls Wilder



Forever the sweetest couple to ever have existed! Yes, they don't really count since they aren't fictional, but who cares? Laura tweaked some things here and there for entertainment's sake anyway.
 I just love how Laura can't figure out why that 'old man' keeps calling on her, walking her home, and smiling at her so charmingly. He's Pa's friend, after all. 
 Ah, then she finally falls for him, and they settle down on their own land and build a home together, and have a little girl. <33
 When Laura accidentally burns the house down, and Almanzo hurries to find her, I always imagined how sweet he was in that moment, even if the author didn't elaborate on it. <3
 They're the couple you can just see falling more and more in love as they get older, and they will always remain as one of my most respected couples, fictional and real. 


2. Josh and Mary (Season's of the Heart series)



If you haven't read this series, you have been missing out. 
 We watch Josh grow from a cute little boy to a *ahem* cute man, with dreams and ambitions that make us love him all the more. 
 Too bad it takes him so long to realize the girl of his dreams has been under his nose the whole time!
Mary's quiet, encouraging nature makes her the best role model for girls, and she just waits so patiently for the man she loves to notice her. 
 She is there for him through thick and thin, being his rock when he needs comfort, and he returns the gesture in her times of need. 
 They stand beside each other, even during the toughest times, and young girls would do well to learn from them and not from couples like Lizzie and Mr. Darcy. (Not that I dislike them. Mr. Darcy is adorable)

Honorable Mentions: 

Ellie and Lane (Love's Unending Legacy)
By Janette Oke

Trace and Cassidy (Cassidy)
By Lori Wick (Not a huge Lori Wick fan, but they are sweet, so...)

Amy and Laurie (Little Women)
By Louisa May Alcott

Meg and John (Little Women)
By Louisa May Alcott

Heidi and Peter (Heidi books)
By Johanna Spyri

Clark and Marty (Love Comes Softly series)
By Janette Oke



And Number one....

1. Pollyanna and Jimmy (Pollyanna series)
By Eleanore H. Porter (and Harriet Lummis Smith)



Yup, they are my number one! 
 I read the book Pollyanna and watched the old Disney movie my entire life, and I always wanted Jimmy Bean to marry Pollyanna. 
 It wasn't until I was much older that I discovered there was an entire series, in which Pollyanna does marry the orphan boy! Imagine my excitement!
 I read Pollyanna Grows Up and I have been an even bigger fan ever since. There is one book I have not read, in which is the actual wedding, but this series is old and rare so it's difficult to find. 
 I think they're just so cute! Pollyanna plays her ever-loving 'Glad Game' even during motherhood, which can be trying at times, and Jimmy is such a kind husband. 
 They do have their struggles, and one huge argument in 'Pollyann's Jewels' but that just endears them all the more! <3333 

And that's all folks! What did you think of my picks?

What? No Louis L'Amour couples listed? 
 Sorry, but I have an entire post set aside just for them! So stay tuned!

                                                                                 LaKaysha


3 comments:

  1. Aaaaah! So many cute couples!!!! Josh and Mary, Laramie and Ariana, Laura and Almanzo... oh, and Anne and Gilbert!! *all the hearts* Good choices sister. *winks*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, Anne & Gilbert and Willie & Missie! <3333 I've only ever watched the movies though. I plan to read Anne of Green Gables sometimes, hopefully this year. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gah! I love this! I've read a lot of these and they're so cute!!!!!

    ReplyDelete