Monday, September 18, 2017

Sing It Now

You ever come across a poem, quote or verse that tugs at your heartstrings?
 That makes you think, "That is a beautiful way to put it."
I do that with songs.
 I love songs that make me cry. Make me think. Comfort me.
Music is such a beautiful gift, isn't?
When the words fail you, and you can't think of any way to express your feelings, music can be a wonderful way.
 When you feel sort of numb, confused with the trials of life, a sad song can bring out the hurt you were pushing away, and the words seems to assure you that it's okay to hurt.
 Gospel and hymns bring the comfort you need during a hard time, telling you that the storm will pass, and God never forsakes.
 Maybe I'm the odd one, but music is very special to me, and I think those who make music are very special indeed.
'We are the music makers. And we are the dreamers of dreams.'
So, anywho, I thought I'd just share some lyrics that I love, if that's okay with ya'll.
 I know it's kind of random, but bear with me, all right? *winks*

I Wanna Live by Glen Campbell

Strong Enough to Cry by Joey Feek
I love this song. <3 
 Have you ever heard it? It's really worth a listen!

Call Me Old-Fashioned by Bradley Walker

Sing It Now by Reba McEntire

This song has become very special to me, personally. 
Basically the song is saying, in good or bad times, we are to praise and sing to our Savior. <3
 Another song worth looking up. 

Oceans by Hillsong

I Believe by Carson Peters

Always loved this song... So beautiful. 

Why Me, Lord? by Conway Twitty

It's Good to Be Alive by Jason Grey

I find myself humming this song when life seems to be getting me down.
 I have to remind myself that we are only here for a short time, and each day is a gift from God, and 'It's good to be alive.' <3

Cowboy in a Three-piece Business Suit
by Clint Eastwood

This a sad song, but I just love it. 
 Can't really say exactly why, except maybe I can relate to the poor man, stuck in a modern world, when he only wants to be his own man, riding the range. (Course, I can't be a cowboy, but I would like to have one for myself? lol)

Where Jesus Is by Joey and Rory

A beautiful song about true worship and the gathering of God's children. 
 This particular verse tugs at my heart, as I think of all the men out there fighting for my freedom, enduring so much horror and pain, and in need of prayers and love. 
 God bless our men. 

Farther Along by *anyone* 

Need I say anymore? 
 It's one of the most comforting songs I've ever heard, and I cling to it's promise often. 
"Cheer up, my brother. Live in the sunshine. We'll understand it all, by and by."

God bless you all, and remember, Jesus loves you. 

                                                                                             LaKaysha




6 comments:

  1. Enjoyed this. =) I know\recongnize some of these, but not all... Now I want to look up the one by Joey Feek. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!! Thank you for sharing! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make me want to look up these songs. I agree; music is a wonderful gift to us from God. Missy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, God gave us music for a reason. And I really like the song "Sing it Now", too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE them all!! Such good words.
    Especially Farther Along

    ReplyDelete