Friday, January 11, 2019

Unique Blogger Award


So waaaaaaaaay back in November, Shantelle tagged me for this. 
 After a few months absence, I have decided to give blogging one more try, so... Better late than never. Right?
 

Anywho. Rules:

Answer all the questions asked by the blogger who nominated you
Share the link of the blogger who nominated you
Nominate 8 to 13 bloggers for the same award
Ask 3 questions

1. What are you passionate about? Tell us all about it!
 I'm an American history geek. I'm not ashamed to say it. 
Typically, I am the most passionate about the wars in America's pasts, but some peaceful times catch my interest as well. (The Lewis and Clark Expedition<33333, The Oregon Trail, Jim Bridger and other mountain men, The Great Depression; if that's considered peaceful...) 
 I used to be a huge Civil War fanatic, and I still am, mind you, but the war that grabs at my heart and mind is definitely the Second World War. 
 I mean, they were called the Greatest Generation for a reason, and they deserve to be remembered. <3

2. What is one of the best books, novel or nonfiction, that you've read in your lifetime? What is it you love about it?
That's a tough one.....I've read so many books. 
Uncle Tom's Cabin is a book that never fails to dig deep into my heart and reminds me of how strong the love of Christ can be. It gives us the strength to forgive even the most wicked enemy.

I just know I'm going to think of six more after I click the 'publish' button. *shrugs*

3. What is your favorite holiday? Why
I'd have to say either Christmas or Independence Day. 
 Christmas is kind of a given. Who doesn't love the warm feeling it brings, as the household buzzes around, preparing for the holiday? The smells, sounds, and sights are something that stays in your mind for years. 
 Independence Day has always been an exciting time for me. Maybe because I'm such a patriot? I don't know. 
 There's something about the smell of gunpowder, the sound of fireworks, the speeches and songs that make your heart swell and you sincerely pray, 'God bless America'. 
 
I tag: 


1. What is one sound that will always remind you of being a kid? 

2. What is one of the best movies you've watched in your lifetime? 

3. What is your favorite country song? 

If any of you would like to do it, feel free! 


6 comments:

  1. I am going to say something... please don't hit me. *deep breath* here it goes.
    I've never read Uncle Tom's Cabin. *covers head*
    I do want to though!

    Me? You tag just little ole me? How sweet. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, welcome back!!! I missed you. *sniff*

      Delete
    2. What?! I'm sure the Rindge Library has it ;)

      Thanks!

      Delete
  2. I'm just gonna answer the questions here. Is that ok?

    1. a four wheeler rumbling and the crackling of fire.

    2. The Shadow Riders. Old news but still true.

    3. Hmm... at the moment "Wildwood Flower" is going through my head.. *laughs* so old fashioned, I know.

    ReplyDelete