Thursday, July 5, 2018

Baby Name Challenge// Tag


R U L E S 
Answer the questions 
Tag three friends to do the same

Hello, all! 
 Yes, I've been absent for quite a while, after I assured you updates were coming.... But it's July, ya'll, one of the busiest months of the summer!
 I will be trying to get an Independence Day post up at some point. Please be patient with me. 
 Oh, and speaking of which, I hope you all had a wonderful July 4th!

Felicity tagged me for this, which I'm actually excited about, since baby names are my biggest 'daydream subject' next to my wedding and kitchen. (yes, kitchen. It's the most important part of the house) 
 I've been writing up names since I was old enough to write (anything to be like 'Sissy') but the list has changed considerably through the years. 
 Now! Onward:

1. What are your favorite boy & girl name from the top 100 of the year?
Okay, so this was really hard..... 
 I LOVE a lot of boy names, so it was difficult to pick. A lot of names trending this year are old-fashioned, Western sounding names, so I was pretty pleased by a lot of them. One I found was so cute I had to share, even if I am hesitant to say whether or not I would name by boy this: Lincoln
 Anybody who knows me would agree I'm a Lincoln fanatic, so.....


Boy: After a long and painful process, I chose three.

Henry, number #18 on the list , James, number #16 and I actually kinda like Harrison #26

Girl: Hah. This was a lot easier

Evelyn, #27 and Maria #81
 I've always loved the name Maria. But I've always been a romantic when it comes to Spanish names 

2. What are your least favorite boys and girls name from the top 100 of the year?
Boy: Albie #58 

Girl: Zoe #97 (I've just never liked these modern-sounding Z names)

3. If you had twins, what would you name them?

Boy-Boy: Clark and David (I dunno why, They sound nice together?)

Girl-Boy: Beulah and Benjamin 

Girl-Girl: Lana and Loretta 

4. If you could change your name to anything, what would you change it to?

I love my name, but I guess if I had to change it, I'd do something elegant and old-fashioned like Eleanor

5. If you had four children, any sex, all with the same letter, what would their names be?

Boy: Laramie  

Boy: Logan 

Girl: Lydia

Girl: Lynette

6. What is your favorite animal inspired name?
Girl: Robin 

Boy: Hawk 

Guess I like birds?

7. What is your favorite color inspired name?

Boy: Slate 

Girl: Pearl
8. What are your top three favorite boys names? 

Ok, so I have a lot of boy names that I love. And narrowing them down to three is very, very tough. I literally love them all, except the ones I hate?
 (does that even make sense?)

Tyrel 
I've always, always loved this name, ever since I read one of my first Louis L'Amours, The Daybreakers but I'll never be able to use it, since I have a very close cousin with the same name..... Ugh 

So we'll name another one: 

Flint
Ahem, also a Louis L'Amour..... hehe. 
But I've been toying with the idea of using Flynn instead? Not sure

Nolan
 AGAIN, this is a Louis L'Amour name that I love, but it is also a family name. But, I think I may actually get away with using it, since my uncle has the same name, and he may be flattered. *wink*

Rafe 
I don't even know why I like this one, but I just recently accumulated a love for it. lol 


9. What are your top three favorite girls names?

Beulah
I grew up watching So Dear to My Heart and Summer Magic
 The character of 'Granny' in So Dear to My Heart was played by an actress named Beulah Bondi and as a child, I thought she was amazing.
 In Summer Magic the family moves to a town called 'Beulah'. 
It just seemed like such a romantic name, and I still love it. 

Abilene
 This is Hebrew, meaning 'Land of Meadows' <3

Mary Lou
 I wish people would stop thinking of pizza when I say this name. I think it's adorable.

10. What is your favorite month inspired name?

I can't think of any boy name besides August.... 

Girl: April

11. Choose a name from a movie.

Boy: Heath from 'The Big Valley'

Girl: Olivia from 'The Waltons' 

12. Choose a name that is already in your family.

Jeremy
 Uncle
 first cousin-once-removed 

Violet 
cousin 


 13. Choose a name from a book.

Tucker from 'Tucker' by Louis L'Amour

Diana from 'Anne of Green Gables' by L.M. Montgomery 

And there you are!
 Your thoughts?

I tag: 




I hope ya'll enjoyed! 
 And now I'm off. It's too beautiful a day for computer time!

                                                               LaKaysha




7 comments:

  1. Beulah and Benjamin seen especially nice together! :)

    I didn't think of Slate... Reminds me of a name in a Janette Oke book, but I can't remember the name. Maybe it IS Slate. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought they did!

      Yeah, it is Slate!
      We both used to love that character... I think it's from the Belinda books? Maybe 'A Quiet Strength'

      Delete
  2. Ok. You are such a pill.
    Every single name I read my mind was going 'Oh! I like that name... no, wait! I like THAT name. No, THAT ONE!"
    Ugh. You have quite a good taste in names. I think perhaps if I ever have kids, I am going to let you name them.

    Your twin names all went so well together! You need three sets of twins, ok? I think you can handle that.

    Beulah. *sigh* My love first came from Summer Magic for that name. Even as a toddler I thought it was so beautiful.
    And when I found out Beulah Bondi's name, I realized it could be used as a first name! I love that actress. She reminds me a lot of Grandma. <3 Mix Ma Kettle and Granny together, and you got 'er.

    "Abilene, Abilene, prettiest town I've ever seen."

    I almost used Diana for a book name too! But switched to Marilla.
    Maybe I should have used Avonlea? Since Mother mentioned that name, I have really started liking it for a little girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe. Sorry?
      You know I've always found boy names a lot easier, and when I do like a girl name, it's gotta be special. Okay, sweet! When is that gonna happen? *cough*

      Oh, yeah, I can handle it. *flexes muscles* I'll start working out, so that by the time all these twins come along, I'll be as strong as a ox. ;P lol

      I know <3 I adore that name.
      Yeah, she always did remind me of Grandma. Mix up Ma Kettle, Granny, and Marilla, and that's Grandma. <3<3

      I thought of Avonlea, too!

      Delete
    2. You already work out *weirdo*

      Oh! True! I forgot Marilla <3

      Delete
    3. Oh, yeah, I forgot ;P lol
      But I'm not as strong as an ox yet

      Delete