Friday, March 23, 2018

Spring Cleaning Writer Tag Challenge


My sweet friend Shantelle Mary  tagged me for this, and I was quite pleased at the thought. Thank you, dear! <3 

The Rules:

  • Link back to the person who tagged you
  • Share the picture
  • Answer the questions (naturally…) or even pick and choose which ones you answer
  • Tag 3 other writers and inform them that you tagged them (via comment/message/email or hey, even carrier-pigeon or smoke signal; I’m not picky)

1. Dust-bunnies and Plot-bunnies: Reorganize Your Writing Goals (Or Make New Ones)

I'm actually going to skip the first question, if you will forgive me. *cough* 
 Because I really don't have any writing goals. lol
I'm really to busy to set a certain goal, so I write whenever I have the time, or whenever the 'genius burns' as Jo would say. 

2. Which Stage Are You At? Expound!

a. Remodeling layouts (planning the story)
b. Painting the walls in colorful hues (writing)
c. Polishing the windows and scrubbing the floors and putting flowers in vases (editing)
d. Blueprints (not to the cleaning or remodeling yet … just drawing up plans for the very beginning inklings of a story)
e. Some combination of those things (cleaning out a closet)

Hmm...... I'd definitely say E. 
 I am not a very organized writer. AT ALL. 
I plan the story, at the same time as writing, but then I also go back and edit what I last wrote, plus I have the 'blueprints' for the second book which I keep scribbling, even when I tell myself I have to finish book number one FIRST! 
 So.... yeah. No wonder I get overwhelmed. *chuckle* 
But that's the way I roll, I guess. 

3. Treasure From the Back of the Closet (Share one to three snippets you love!)



  I wrote this once when I was feeling starry-eyed and 'dreamy', and although I never wrote it with the intentions of it being used in one of my novels, I do have an idea which book it could be used in. 



This from my novel, (I may change the title?) I Know Who Holds Tomorrow, and this is from a very sad part in the character's life, if you can't tell. 
 But don't get too down! It all turns out, all right in the end. *wink* 
I wanted to show just how much the loved ones of service men go through, waiting and praying for their men to come home. 
 And they don't always make it home. 


*laughs* 
 Okay, guys, I promise this novel isn't all gloom and doom.  
But maybe the hurt and sadness in my characters flows so much easier?



3.5. Bonus: Do Some Actual Spring Cleaning of Your Writer Self! (and share a picture!)


I just got my writing desk, so  it would pretty pointless to do some actual cleaning. lol

yes, I stole this from Daminika. So sorry

This is where I draw, write and sew. 
 My aunt and uncle gave me this desk recently, and it has made things so much neater in my room. 
No more pencils and blending sticks just floating around. 
 Not to mention the piles of scrap material. (it's hiding inside, plus the sewing machine)

Tag: 




**********

Well, that was fun! 
 I hope you enjoyed, even if I made my book sound sad, drear, and full of sorrow. *ahem* 

Which snippet was your favorite?

                                                                          LaKaysha


9 comments:

  1. oh my goodness I had no idea my sister could write so beautifully!! what the rip girl! You need to get this book published for the world to read!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome, LaKaysha! <3 I'm so happy you did this post! I saw it this morning and it just made me smile. ^_^

    YOUR SNIPPETS ARE LOVELY. Really powerful, too. You have such a beautiful, poetic writing style. I want to read your book(s)!!!

    Hehe! I'm always telling myself that. FINISH THIS BOOK FIRST, GIRL!

    So enjoyed this post. I hope what writing times happen for you go wonderfully well and that you finish & publish some books in the future so I can read them! :D *is excited*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! <3 That's so sweet of you to say. *hugs*
      If I finally get this draft done, maybe I could email you some to take a peek at?

      lol. Yeah, I am always getting way ahead of myself.*chuckles and smacks face*

      Delete
    2. You're welcome! *hugs*
      Yes!!! You totally should! :D <33 I was just thinking of that the other day, actually...

      Seems to be the plight of writers. ;)

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much for tagging me, LaKaysha! I enjoyed doing it!

    I agree with Shantelle. Your writing is very poetic!

    I love the last snippet, though it sounds so sad! You really know how to bring emotions to life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome! <3

      Ooooh, thank you! <333333

      Delete