Monday, April 2, 2018

March Wrap Up


It's April already...................?
 My, how time flies.
It has been a busy month for me. (Ugh, LaKaysha you say that in every update)
 Sorry, guys, if I sound like a broken record.
I have an official job now. *YAYYYYYYYYYYY*
  I clean house, fold clothes, and homeschool my boss's kids, and so far it's been once a week, but hoping for more later on. (because I NEED some income. cough)
 So besides that, I also did a lot of yard work for my Grandpa (with Chancy and Daminika), pruning the fruit trees, hauling and stacking wood, gathering branches, ect.
 It was a lot of work, but I enjoyed helping my Grandpa out.
Plus, he makes delicious lunches. *wink*

I've been writing again, which feel wonderful! <3
 My characters are becoming so real again, like good old friends, and I didn't realize how much I missed them. *hugs them all to my heart*
 My family hates it when I'm writing, but they don't understand the long process, AND they don't understand how utterly frustrating it is to be constantly interrupted during a very important moment in the story, when your really feeling the inspiration.
 "Get off the computer. I haven't seen you all day. I hate it when you're writing. You get so grumpy."
They begin to lean over my shoulder and read out loud, in dramatic voices.
I am ready to throw them all out single-handily.
 "GO AWAY!"


AHEM. 
 But I really have loved throwing myself back into Katie's world, rediscovering the power and magic of words, AND being able to shape Nolan's character more. 
 He's not the main hero, but I love him so much. He's like... a dash of awesomeness. 

I have been working out more, which has always been something I've loved doing. 
 Yes, there are nuts like me who LIKE to exercise. 
One of my goals is to be as fit and flexible as possible, because I have never been 'stretchy', unlike some people I know, who can stretch and fold like a taco. 
 I've also tried avoiding sugar, just because I feel better about myself when I do. 
BUT I have not given up an occasional milkshake. Yet. 
 I have actually skipped the fancy coffee's I love, and chose a delicious smoothie instead. 
MANGO....... *dies*
 So I think that 'mostly' wraps up what I've been doing. 
Same old hum-drum of daily life. 

 Now a rather large photo dump:

I just love small towns



me and some of the other gals 
took a hike in early March. 
It was exhilarating <3


someday we're going all the way to 
Silver Star. Think we can do it?




there was still plenty of snow up top. 
 

One of my favorite drinks of all time <3333

pruning trees works up quite an appetite.
I had two of these *covers face*

my battle wounds from the fruit trees


we took a walk another morning, but didn't take the 
hard trails this time

Emily wasn't here for my 20th birthday, so she 
wanted to take me out. 
Naturally sugar-free frozen yogurt. <33333

Mango smoothie from Arrowhead 
*cries for more*

working hard

my last three dollars of the month....
on a pretzel. What can I say?

late night character sketching
This is Nolan, who I mentioned a moment ago. 
I fell in love with this quick sketch of him *laughs*
 He's so utterly adorable

I have also been reading again, which has been nice <3
This one was pretty good :) 


yes, another mango smoothie

My double second cousin, Chrissa, born on my birthday! 


AND also my double second cousin, Leah, ALSO born 
on my birthday, just hours apart from her cousin

sister texts *laughs* 
I'm so witty sometimes, I amaze myself 

Daminika finally got around to taking my 
birthday pictures, but I hated my face, so you 
are only going to see a random photo of my new shirt. 
So sorry

Currently listening to:

Eye of the Tiger by Survivor 

A Million Dreams from 'The Greatest Showman'

Can I Trust You With My Heart by Travis Tritt 

He's Alive by Dolly Parton

Honey by Dean Martin

More Than a Name on a Wall by Jimmy Fortune
                          sorry, the sound is off

(that's quite a variety. *chuckles)


Currently read:



I really enjoyed this one <3

And of course, I read 'For Love and Honor' 



How was your March? 

Mango or Peach smoothies?

                                                                                            LaKaysha




15 comments:

  1. Peach smoothie! *wink*

    I'm glad you liked that frozen yogurt! It was so good! I've had both sugar-free banana frozen yogurt and blueberry frozen yogurt, too, but the raspberry is by far the best!

    And wasn't that such fun hiking? I'm so glad I went.

    And, boy, does that pretzel look good!

    I must be hungry? Haha! I should go eat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mango *winks* but I do love peach. Lol

      I loved it! Fruity things are my favorite kind of dessert 😍

      Yeah, hiking was awesome! I'm glad you could make it. We need to do it again. :D

      Delete
  2. Lol That Kung Fu Panda gif is perfect. I feel that way all the time. He's glorious. :P

    And that character sketch! #skills

    Snapper | silverphoenixwriter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I thought it fit *laughs*

      Aw, thanks! I'm glad you liked it!

      Delete
  3. PEACH SMOOTHIES <3333
    I love V8 juice!
    two double second cousins born on your birthday?!?! wow!!!
    I'd say that three dollars spent on a pretzel are three dollars well spent. ;)
    that looks like a beautiful place to go hiking!
    have a wonderful, wonderful april!
    xx
    mira

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I prefer mango, but I absolutely love peach, too. I'm just a fruit smoothie fanatic. Lol
      V8 always! #v8saveslives
      Haha, I know, right?
      It was absolutely beautiful 😍
      Thank you, Mira! You, too!

      Delete
    2. And, yes, I had two double cousins born on my birthday! Another awesome fact: their mothers are sisters and they married brothers. So they are practically twins! Lol

      Delete
  4. LOVE!
    I haven't had a mango OR a peach smoothie before so i wouldn't know! ;P

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE. <3333 Just, all of this post! :D And your new look for your blog! So perfect! ^_^

    So exciting about writing again!!!! I know the feeling! I started writing again and have just been in my glories. Except, yes, when people simply can't understand that I'm getting a huge burst of inspiration and leave me alone! Haha! ;)

    Such sweet little babies! <3 So neat that they were both born on your birthday!

    Sarah Sundin! EEP! I love her books! The Sea Before Us is one of my favorite reads of this year.

    Hope you have a great weekend, LaKaysha! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you! :D

      Yeah, I know, right? I stayed up until almost 1:00 the other night, writing and crying over the pain I was causing my characters, then woke up, and ended up rewriting that scene, which gave me a headache and carpal tunnel. Lol

      Aren't they cute? I can't help getting all choked up when I hold them. ♥️

      She's probably my favorite modern author, and I really enjoyed The Sea Before Us.

      Thank you! You, too!

      Delete
  6. I can't believe you took my job *rolls eyes*
    remember. those were my kids first.
    and TWO of them don't remember life without me being there. *flexes muscles I don't have*
    I miss that job. But I am glad it's in good hands!

    I want a smoothie *cries*
    So beautiful there.

    Chrissa! Leah! You! Ugh. all so beautiful I could cry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry? *Cough cough*
      Not really. I like this job. ;P lol
      Yes, ma'am!
      They are little angels

      Delete
  7. that first gif is SO GOOD xD
    those two babies are adorable!! so cool that they were born on your birthday!
    well, i think your face is beautiful, but i like the shirt too ;) <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed this! All the food! <3 I think I would pick peach smothie... The mango looks good too. ;)

    ReplyDelete