Monday, October 16, 2017

Work, Wedding, and Fun// Life Update

no, that's not THE dress. That's a surprise

It's been plenty busy around here.
 How can I begin?
I've been working some now, and can't wait for the paycheck next month *so I need money. Don't judge me*
 Felicity actually has been joining me on my work days, because she would like to earn an extra buck or two for the wedding, ect., which has been wonderful for me.
 I get to spend some time with her, and get away with being a passenger instead of a driver. *lets out a hoot*
 

Last Friday we drove to work, but, unfortunately, we couldn't find the house we were scheduled to clean. 
 Yeeeeah..... 
We drove in circles for what seemed like hours, reading house numbers, laughing until we cried, yelling at the GPS for being a complete liar and fruit-loop. 
 Finally we gave up and texted Liz, saying we were completely lost and could the other girls meet us at the subdivision entrance? 
 So we waited around for them, sweating in the sunshine, even though it wasn't even 70 degrees, and moaning pitifully, "I wanna go home now. I quit." 
 When the girls finally showed up, they informed us that they didn't know where the house was either, so this'll be great. 
 So we drove around in circles again, this time following them. 
I'm sure all the Mexicans working on the houses were laughing at us, and thinking, "Oh, look they found a friend to wander around with." 
 Long story short, we finally found it, and construction cleaned the entire house in two hours. *sunglasses. I know. We're cool." 
 The next day, my mom, my cousins, and the rest of of the bridal party (me, Daminika, Marita, ect) piled into the mini-van to go wedding dress hunting!
 The place we went to was small, but clean, and the people were extremely friendly and helpful, offering us water, making sure we were comfortable, listening carefully to what Felicity was wanting, and it was an enjoyable experience. 
 Felicity found her dress there! *confetti* 
She was a little torn between the one up top, and a different one. 
 She really liked one, but wasn't sure if we could afford it, but we could, and she got her dress! <3 
We all got a little misty-eyed, I must confess, when she first came out with a veil on. 
 I think that's when it all seemed so real, and my throat got a little tight, but thankfully, I kept my bearings. 
 When she did finally find THE dress, the people were excited, even gave us sparkling cider, and prayed a blessing over Felicity, which I think got her a little emotional for a moment. 
 They seemed to be wonderful people. *smiles* 
Sunday, after church, we ran around town for a while, hunting for things for the wedding, which was loads of fun. <333
 We are getting there, ya'll! 
It's really happening!
 Maybe I'll survive this, after all. 


Well, I gotta split. 
 In tearing hurry! 

What have you been up to? 

                                                                                     LaKaysha

  

9 comments:

  1. Wedding dress shopping must've been fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was fun shopping! :) Felicity could almost look like me in that picture of her wearing a dress... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been seeming to look more and more like you lately!

      Delete
  3. *laughs* that day at work! Sighs, at least we got paid for our laughter *wink*
    Was fun searching for a dress! Though when you are the one looking, it can be a little overwhelming *sweat drips off of grinning face*

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun! I love planning things, well when my kids are behaving! Today I have a ladies lunch to host so I should get going and get ready to leave! See, planning things again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was fun dress shopping! I must confess I cried a little.. 😳

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh it was SO much fun dress shopping!!!
    Felicity is going to be the prettiest bride EVER!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad I got to be along when she got her wedding dress!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks like so much fun!!!! love the dress soo much <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete