Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Why I Love America // Independence Day


Yesterday was the glorious 4th! *fireworks explode*
 Independence Day has always been one of my favorite holidays, since I was a little girl.
Fireworks, sparklers, barbecues, and flags flying in the wind.
 Why do I celebrate the 4th?
Is it because I am an American, thinking my country is superior to yours?
 My patriotism run much deeper than anything like that.
I'm not the gung-ho, shoot-your-head-off-if-you-run-us-down type, nor do I think that because I am an American, I am better than any other nationality on this earth.
 I love my country.
On Independence Day, it's more than a celebration of our nation's birthday.
 More than a celebration of America's past, present and future.
It's the celebration of an idea.
 An idea that God placed in the hearts of our Founding Fathers so many years ago.
An idea that all men are created equal and free, by one God, and that any man, of race, color or social stature, can walk with his head high, look any man in the eye, and say, think and believe anything he desires.
 An idea that burned in millions of hearts throughout the years, across the nation and across the world.
 And that idea, that kindling flame, still burns in the hearts of millions today.
Freedom, justice, and peace, can be possible for any man.
 That idea isn't for only Americans.
It's for the British, the Russian, the Chinese, the Canadian, the Australian; any man or woman 'who holds these truth to be self-evident, that all men are created equal.'
 No I don't believe that being American is only way to go, that we are the better people on earth, or that because of our nationality, we are getting a higher place in heaven.
 I know sometimes there are those who can get carried away, and may across in that way.
It's because it's so hard to explain, to bank this flame that grows inside.
 I can't truly tell you why I feel the way I do.
I can't recall a time where anyone told me I had to be a Patriot, or to love my country, or why.
 It's just...a feeling, a conviction, a deep, deep love that God seems to have placed there, and nothing anyone says or does can change it.
 Here in the United States of America, we have our problems.
No nation is perfect.
  I will be the first to agree that things seem to be getting pretty bad these days, and many times I have been driven to my knees with a heavy heart, asking God to forgive our nations many sins, and to open the eyes of the people and the leaders to Him.
 Yes, these have been dark days for Miss Liberty.
But that flame is still there.
 She still holds it high, for all the world to see, reminding us that as long as we feed that flame, that idea, it will never go out.
 If we look up, into the Divine Light of our Savior, He will continue to bless this nation and forgive us our many trespasses.

O beautiful for pilgrim feet,
Whose stern impassion’d stress
A thoroughfare for freedom beat
Across the wilderness!
America! America! God mend thine ev’ry flaw,
Confirm thy soul in self-control,
Thy liberty in law!


O beautiful for heroes proved In liberating strife,
Who more than self their country loved,
And mercy more than life!
America! America! May God thy gold refine
Till all success be nobleness,
And ev’ry gain divine!


God bless the many men and women who have given their lives for this nation, for this idea, this flame that He lit. 
 God grant our leaders humility, wisdom, and grace. 
And may God continue to bless the U.S.A. 
  
                                                       LaKaysha

5 comments: