Thursday, May 3, 2018

April Wrap Up/ Photo Dump


Yeah, I know I'm, like, three days late, but better late than never, I always say.
April was full of rain, sunshine, flowers and fog, as well as fun, work and daily life.
 I am now getting into my job, the kids are comfortable with me, and I am becoming more relaxed, too.
 Kirsten and Shiloh drove down for the weekend, and we took advantage of it.
It's been too long since they came down without a wedding, funeral or holiday going on, and we decided to hit the road Friday morning, heading down to the beach for some salt air.
 After walking along the sand, we decided to explore the town, and tried to find somewhere to eat, but being spring, there wasn't much open.
 We found a cute little cafe which we ducked into, and it was really good, but they only served breakfast and Chancy was rather put out about not getting his hamburger.
 But the ham and cheese omelette was actually quite good, and the cafe was tiny, with tablecloths and flowers on the tables. The smell of wood and good food made it cozy and enjoyable.
 After that we walked some more, ducked into little shops to buy some kettle corn, ice cream and little treats.
 We also stopped at this adorable little chocolate shop and warmed up from the rain, while listening to jazz piano and eating chocolate smoothies.
 Eventually, we made it to the Astoria Column and then had pizza for supper.
Saturday we all hopped into the van again, this time heading for the Caves, which was AWESOME!
 I can't even begin to tell you how fun it was! <3333333333333
The best part, (besides climbing up and down, crawling and ducking) was turning all the lights off and listening to the silence, in awe of how dark it is.
 I literally couldn't see my hand in front of me.
But, I can't keep prattling on....

Moments:

The first day of work I wear my nice big nerdy glassses and throw my hair in a ponytail.
Next time I wear my contact lenses and leave my hair down.
 Bransen (my boss' son): "Did your sister come the other day? Because the girl that came looked just like you, but she was wearing glasses." LAUGHING
 I explained to him I was wearing little lenses in my eyes, and now every week he asks me if I can take them out and show him.

 After crawling in the Ape Caves, I change my clothes and find SIXTEEN bruises on my knees.
Now that's a record.

I couldn't wait to the watch it, and read spoilers for Infinity War..... *WAILS*

I'm not saying a word, but you're gonna be in tears

 Reading Fredrick Douglas's writings and nearly crying tears of sadness and awe.
  Chancy as he sets up a game: "LaKaysha, you playing?"
Me with starry eyes: "WHO HAS TIME FOR PETTY GAMES!?"

I didn't make my bed for nearly a week. OOPS

 Riding up front with Kirsten as we drive to the beach, discussing our dream houses, sourdough and pies; also waiting in line at Red Leaf Organic Coffee and laughing over my blondness.
 Don't ask.

Watched The Greatest Showman and I am in love <333333333
 Phineas and Charity are soooo sweet, Philip and Anne are adorable..... I can't even. *chokes*
The songs are SUPERB, the acting excellent (I mean, it's Hugh Jackman!) and I just LOVE the ending <3333333


I have the soundtrack on repeat, no joke.
 How many times have I listened to the album?
NEVER ENOUGH *pun intended*

Favorite songs:
Greatest Show (Zac Efron's burst in this one <33)
Million Dreams (this songs makes me all starry-eyed)
Never Enough (gorgeous solo)
Tightrope (but THIS solo is EPIC)
Rewrite the Stars (Zac and Zendaya do excellent in this one)
From Now On (This song... *sobs* best part of the movie)


It's 10:00 p.m. and I sit on the bed.
Daminika: "What...are we going to bed right now? For real? Let's do it!"
 I dive across the room to plug my phone in: "Yeah! Let's be wild! I love living on the edge."

Also, watched Man of Steel for the first time. That was pretty good, and Clark is super-sweet, but he still can't beat Steve Rogers *Captain America*

And now:
 A very large photo dump.
game night!

Late night run to town for a chocolate milkshake

Leah <33333333

night-time sketching



Sipping on a mango smoothie while listening to the rain

lunch <3

sister date at Blue Castle, where I got a mango smoothie 
(yes, I know I'm obsessed) and an apple turnover

Duchess had her kittens


my beautiful dog <3
Echo

Bransen picked me flowers <3

organic Red Leaf Coffee 

the gang headed out


these two are so cute. lol

These girls  <3

getting warmed up in the chocolate shop

view from the column

snapping pics. Oh, this modern world we live in




Kirsten Jean!

    
getting ready to head down

Emily Sue and I in the Caves

the whole gang down below
We have our flashlights on the rock in front of us, shining on our faces, 
and Chancy set his camera on self-timer 

Shiloh James


a skylight in the cavern

we crawled on our bellies to get to this little 'room' 
at the end of the tunnel


you can't take boys to a cave and not expect 
some climbing to be done

Kirsten and I, climbing around like monkeys

The boys lifted us girls so we could climb
 into a cavern that was at the top, before pulling themselves up

the girls


lots of belly-crawling 
And this is the end of the cave, where we crawled out of after hours
below the earth. Pretty crazy, eh?

the drive home from work is GORGEOUS <3
Don't worry, I was at a complete stop



And that's it, ya'll! 
 Did you make it to end? lol

How's your May going?

                                                                                         LaKaysha





7 comments:

  1. Y'all are living on the edge all right! ;D Haha, that made me laugh.

    The Ape Caves are really cool! I went there for the first time a couple years ago. Super fun!

    I'm glad your job is going well!! <333

    My May is off to a good start, I think. :) I'm going garage saling on Saturday, which is always exciting. :D

    Enjoyed this post! Hope you have a lovely evening!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, I know, right? *winks*

      They are awesome! I loved it <3

      Thanks! You have a great evening, too! *hugs*

      Delete
  2. ok.
    I laughed. smiled. got teary eyed. all at the same time

    I loved this <3

    the pictures are amazing! I could die over Leah and Chancy and Shiloh are SO cute!

    I so wish I could have ran around the sea with you. It sounds so amazing. Now I'm home sick, ya turkey.

    Bransen!! Lol! He is so awesome! Did you show him your contacts? Ugh. I miss those kids. Tell them hello and I miss them for me next time! Ok? Tell Mollie hello, too.

    Five and half years of going there and now they are all going to forget me *rolls eyes*

    Josiah's favorite song was "Never Enough"!

    I miss you, sista.
    Come up and see me sometime?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, I'm glad...and I'm sorry? *wink*

      Yeah, Leah is enough to make your heart break. And those boys are adorbs, I know. ;P

      I wish you could have been with us, too.

      No, I never have the chance, but someday I will. lol
      Ok, I'll tell them! They miss you, too. And they haven't forgotten you, don't worry. You're all they talk about.

      Really? See, it was a good movie <333

      I miss you, too.
      And I will, I will. ;)

      Delete
    2. All they talk about huh? Like what? ;)

      Delete
    3. All kinds of stuff. Always asking about you. And "Felicity used to do this.." ect.

      Delete