Monday, November 13, 2017

Be my Friend


There are times when I cry, and my heart is pained.
There are times when I smile, and my smile is strained.

Sometimes I am afraid, though I don’t let it show
All my pain and insecurities you could never know.

Don’t laugh, or mock me, because you cannot see
The dark and frightening storm, going on inside me.

Some days I lie in bed, the covers over my head
Wishing I didn’t have to face it all, wishing I were dead

I’m only human, and I cry and hurt like you,
Some days it seems like there is nothing I can do

Like you, I am searching, struggling to right my path
Reaching to find an anchor that will last.

So instead of sneering, be the angel God saw fit to send

Take my hand, pray for me, and always be my friend. 



I wrote this a few months ago, when I my heart was aching for all the young people in this world who wander astray, seeking peace they can't find. 
 I see young girls walking through the mall, with spiked hair, tattoos and pierced noses, talking loud and crudely, with hard eyes. 
 It breaks my heart. 
They don't realize they don't need to put up such a front. 
 They don't need to be 'cool' or fit in with today's society, or follow the terrible, dangerous trends of the other young people. 
 And then they look at other girls, with modest clothes, quiet smiles and sincere, caring hearts... What do they think? 
 Do they secretly long to have such a peace as a true Christian has? 
Do they wish they dared to be different, humble.... happy? 
 Not the false happiness that the world has to offer, with it's self-centered slogans and fast-fading glamour, but real, true happiness, that comes from the knowledge of knowing that Jesus Christ is walking beside you every step of the way, and that everything is safely in His nail-pierced hands. 
 I wish I could help them, show them that we really do care. 
Many Christians, without meaning to, fall into a habit of sneering, degrading those wandering people. 
 I'm not saying I condone any evil that lost souls indulge in. I think it's wrong. 
But I also believe we should love these children of God, and earnestly pray for them, show them in a loving manner, that there is a better way to walk. 
 There is a Friend Who will hold their hand, keep them from evil, love them even when they do fall, and will take them in His beautiful home when it comes time. 
 There are so many out there, who don't know this Truth. Who don't WANT this truth. 
And my heart breaks. 

 The One Who crafted the stars, thought the world needed one you. 
And He loves you. You are worth so much to Him.
 I wish you could see that. 

I lost a very, very dear friend of mine to the ways of the world. 
 And I miss her so very much. 
I hope and pray that there will come a day when she'll come back, and know that we still love her. That God still loves her. 

But, until then, my heart will always ache for her
                                          
                                                                             LaKaysha  
  

7 comments:

  1. Aww, beautifully written and hugs as you miss your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THIS WAS BEAUTIFUL. that photo really suits the words.
    and ohmy i am so so sorry about your friend. <3 <3 hang in there girlfriend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, we all miss this dear friend of yours.... and ours! Prayers will always be sighed unto our heavenly Father in her behalf! Lord, keep our children/grandchildren in your safe keeping as they walk this journey of life! AMEN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3 Love you, Grandpa. And thank you for praying for all of us. <33333 It means a lot

      Delete
  4. It is so hard to see someone you love so much wander away.
    Beautifully sad poem sister dear <3
    I miss that friend too. Who she was. Once.

    ReplyDelete