Monday, June 17, 2019

Some more Random Facts About Me


It's been so long, I have decided maybe it's time for us to get 'reacquainted'. So here are a few random facts about me! 

 1. I have social anxiety
If you're with me in public, you won't always know that I'm having anxiety. I try to fight it, and keep it hidden, but sometimes when the crowd is too large, or the atmosphere too noisy, I start to feel "closed in" or panicky. 

2. I have an unique vocabulary 
If you've ever heard me speak, you'd know what I mean. I use strange phrases and words a lot of people (especially from this side of the nation) don't normally use.
 "Shoot the duck's hind end with a silver bullet." is something I use in place of "oh man" or "Oh no."
I learned it from my mom's side of the family, although everyone had their own variation of it. "Shoot the duck's hind end with a rubber bullet" or simply "Shoot the duck's hind rear." *cough*
 If I'm really feeling it, like, let's say I stub my toe. Out springs from my lips:
"Shoot the duck's hind end with a silver bullet, then fry it in a skillet..." and it goes on from there through clenched teeth.
Other phrases:
"For Pete's sake, Orville." (other folks in my family say this one. My Great-Grandpa's name was Orville)
"Well, slap me up and knock me down and let me lie." (this one isn't as common, but I do say it)
I can't think of any more, but I'm sure my siblings or friends could come up with some.
 I also call people "sugar", "sweetie", or "honey" and the ever-common "children"; a trait I also learned my mother's side.
It can be rather embarrassing when you're out in public with your friends and you let it slip without meaning to.
Daminika: "Should I buy this?"
Me: "You do whatever your little heart desires, honey."
Girls start bickering, and I say, "Calm down, children."
Woman next to is gives me an odd look. Oops.

Also, while we're on the subject, I have a really weird, unique voice. I can't really explain it. Kinda soft, and nasally, and squeaky? Ugh. Anyways, take my word for it. It's different. 

3. I am obsessed with leather bound books



Gold-sprayed edges, heavy duty covers, and pretty designs.
Need I say anymore?

4. I love to sing
I don't do it very often in front of people, but I love to sing. Hymns, country, folk, jazz... it doesn't matter. Music helps me cope, helps me think, and honestly, helps me breathe.


5. I love to go shooting and driving four wheelers
I don't do it very often, but I think it's a lot of fun. I grew up on four wheelers, and will probably never outgrow the sudden ache to jump on one and drive away

6. I suffer from allergies and have trouble sleeping at night


7. I dream of visiting Greece



8. I hate flying
But we all knew that right?

9. I love going to the ocean on a foggy day



10. I love the mountains



11. I dream of owning at least 50 acres someday, with a cabin and a fourwheeler to drive as far and long as I please

12. little things like tea, dark chocolate,  and pretty socks make me happy


13. I love cooking and baking



14. I love stars 

15. I enjoy pinning things on Pinterest for my future home, especially my kitchen 


And that's it! 
 What are some random facts about you? Comment below! I love to hear from you! 

P.S 
 Roses Are Red has a new post up! Go check it out when you have the time <3 


4 comments:

  1. Nice to get to "know" you better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love stars, too. I didn't know that you did, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved this post! I didn't know we were so much alike! I like a lot of the same things as you do. I like to fly though!

    ReplyDelete