Thursday, October 18, 2018

Like I'm Going to Lose You

"I think he knew I loved him, although I didn't say. I guess I shouldn't have assumed he did, cause now he's gone away...Tell them that you love them, you still have today. Talk about your hearts and souls before they go away." 



God said it is not good that Man should be alone. 
 He wasn't speaking only of a spouse when he said this, although that is a large part of it.  Human beings were not created to be alone. 
Do you ever ponder that? 
Those siblings that live with you, annoy the daylights out of you…they were given to you by God, to be loved by, and to love. 
 I live in a very close-knit family. We tell each other we love one another, squish on the couch together, give hugs when they are needed. 
 Often my siblings and I have been looked down on for this… some say it isn't right for a brother and sister to be so close. It's strange for sisters to be so free with telling each other their feelings. 
 Others think it silly and 'obsessive’ because we tell our parents goodnight and how we love them, even on vacation. 
That's okay. They don't understand. Someday they will. 
 You see, I've seen loved ones taken suddenly, some with warning, some without. Some were very close to my heart, some I didn't know so well. 
But in just a blink of an eye, they were gone. 
 That person who was always there when you went visiting, not always the center of your attention; sometimes just standing in the background of your memories. But they were there. And they touched your life in some way or another. 
 Until they weren't there any longer, and their absence leaves a strange void in your heart. 
Life is precious, dear friend. So precious. 
 I can tell you without hesitation, that if I lost any of my siblings, my mom, my dad...it would tear my world apart. 
 Not a day goes by without me looking back at that little girl standing at her Grandma's bedside, not wanting to even touch her, just because of childish fear. 
 That sweet, wonderful woman held into my arm with a surprisingly strong grip, and tried desperately to speak to me with her eyes. 
 And the most beautiful smile lit up her face, and that's when she let me go. 
Oh, I wish I had held her close then! Told her I loved her! 
 It wasn't until a few years after her passing that I experienced the pain of grief; I was so young when she died. I didn't understand. 
But I do now. 
 So I hold my loved ones so so dear, because now I know. 
We are not promised tomorrow, and none of us have very long in this earth. 
 We don't choose our time; we never know when the ones we truly care about are taken from us… so quickly. 
 I implore you, tell your family you love them. 
Don't wait until your standing by their coffin, or holding their hand as they take their final breath. 
 You may never get the chance again. 
God gave us family for a reason: to give us human companionship, to help us on this walk through life. To remind us just how much He loves us, and how beautiful it is to love someone above ourselves. 
 Your grandparents, your neighbor. That kindred spirit you would be lost without. Your spouse. Your sister, brother, mother, father, cousin, aunt. Anyone who you hold dear to your heart. 
 Tell them how much they mean to you. Through actions, words and deed. 

"So I'm gonna love you like I'm gonna lose you. And I'm gonna hold you like I'm saying goodbye. Wherever we're standing, I won't take you for granted. Cause we'll never know when we'll run out of time. So I'm gonna love you like I'm gonna lose you."

Go give your loved ones a hug and let them know they are a gift from God <3 
 Have a wonderful evening, ya'll
                                                                                       

5 comments:

  1. <3333
    family is so special. Life is precious.
    Moving away from my family made me realize how much they mean to me.
    You're cool, sista.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so beautiful!! i relate very much. my family is precious to me and i don't know what i'd do without them <33

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my family so much.
    You're amazing sista.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very thought provoking! And true. <3

    ReplyDelete