Thursday, March 24, 2016

My Dream Wedding

Well, I haven't done a post in a while, and I decided to share my wedding ideas with you all and see what you think, and whether or not your have any suggestions. :)
 So here it goes:

The dress:
 I want a modest, feminine gown, with a full skirt that isn't too stiff or sparkly, with lace and pearl buttons. Sigh. A hard find, I know.
 Grace Kelly was married in a beautiful gown that is similar to what I want.


Isn't she lovely? The picture of femininity

Princess Kate's dress was also similar.

The front is a little low, but the lace overlay is the same idea. I think I like Grace Kelly's dress better, though. :)

I found this on Pinterest :) Exactly the soft look I want



And now, the veil:
 Lace! What else could it be? I love lace
The Groom and Groomsmen:
 I can't decide between Navy blue tuxedos or a western suits and boots...Depends if I am going for a western look or fairytale :)
This is an example of a western suit, although I'd probably prefer black
Then there is the more traditional, classic suit...can't decide

The Bridesmaids
I've yet to find one that I love. I want them to be floor length, full and flowy, and of course, modest. I haven't found one yet, but I'll keep looking ;)


Pinterest ;) I love this look... So retro

Another Pinterest pic ;)
The decorations:
I'm not too picky. I would love to figure out a way to blend together western and fairytale, if that is even possible ;) But I would love to have summer wedding, in the evening, with Christmas tree lights strung through the trees, and my talented family to play and sing :)
    Well, that's all I can think of for now :) Hope you enjoy!
                                                              LaKaysha

14 comments:

  1. Sounds lovely :) Not sure your dear ole Ma will be much help, hehe.... Planning weddings makes me nervous :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. It'll be lovely!!! Now you just need to find the groom;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the navy blue suits! ;) But maybe I'm crazy :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love!! I've got my wedding all planned out too ;) I think I like Grace Kelly's best :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice! Aw Lakaysha I think you are me when I was young! It might depend on your man whether you go with the western look or the other;). I think the dress is pretty and I also say Go for it!!! about the mixing of the 2 styles. Just make it YOU and him of course...although some guys don't care what you do:)...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you can have your dream wedding! :) Not sure who you would get that would sing and play for you! They're all too shy! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your new pictures! Very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the new pictures...so soft and feminine :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE the dress you found on pinterest!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jennifer does custom made dresses! :) pretty pictures and I like the western style suit myself.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jennifer does custom made dresses! :) pretty pictures and I like the western style suit myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know :) I've thought about having her make my dress :D Guess would depend on my budget when the times comes ;)

      Delete