Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Writer: Blessing and a Curse


I love writing.
 I like to think of myself as a writer, although I don't really do much 'real' writing. Just me and my paper are the only ones who see a lot of my work.
 The power of written words can be overwhelming at times, and it seemed so much easier to get my feelings, thoughts, on paper, instead of trying to say them out loud.
 But it isn't always easy.
I think fellow writers can relate?
 There are the times when it seems like you have so many thoughts, all jumbled around in your mind, the words spinning around until they don't make much sense, and you just can't get it down right.
 Inside, you have something great and elaborate to say, your heart feeling so full and deep, and want to write something like this:
"Suffering passes, while love is eternal. That is a gift from God....*so on*" (LIW)
 But it ends up sounding like:
"See Jane run? Jane runs fast."
   Frustrating, isn't it?
And if your heart just doesn't seem to be in your writing, no matter how hard you try, it's not going to turn out. (My life update posts always seem to be hurried and dull for this reason)
 It's hard to be a dreamer, a writer, a thinker.
People sometimes don't understand you, your way of speaking, your quiet ways.
 They don't see the wild storm going inside you, the crazy emotions, the many thoughts swirling around in circles.
 I can write my feelings on paper so easily at times, but socially I can never express myself right.
The words come out either completely jumbled and I sound like a blubbering dummy, or they come out sounding rude and harsh, although they were so gentle and sweet in my head.
 That's the curse of being a writer. An introvert.
Unable to talk with others in a room, always feeling a little out of loop, even though it's really your own fault.

But the blessings of being a writer. A dreamer. 
 You can lose yourself in your own world, forget the troubles of life, ignore the many people that cover the planet, and create your own realm that understands, that hurts in the same way, that laughs and sings your songs. 
 You can also learn to be very observant of others, studying, learning, and becoming in-tune with them, knowing when they are hurting, when they are angry. 
 That's the way you can connect with others, even if you have a hard time sharing with them. 
If people knew how much we introverts notice, they may feel a little unnerved, and 'squirmy' around us, but that's the way we are. 
 That's how we learn to create people and things that hurt in a real way. 



It's we dreamers, thinkers, and writers, that come up with the 'impossible' in the world, the ones that create and craft. 
 The ones that invent, that believe the impossible to be possible, although it takes the hard workers, the steady ones, to make it possible. (See? We need all kinds) 
God made these kind of people for a reason, and where would the world be without them?

                                                                             LaKaysha 



 

9 comments:

  1. Writing privately and blogging publicly has kept me sane ;) It's definitely my "therapy". The written word is powerful... It can be used for so much! It's amazing and intriguing, really. I love talking (um, writing) about the written word so much I could write a book about it .. lol! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get you! I'm the same way in a different way (if that makes sense?) I write a private journal without it I'd never survive! It is hard to be outta loop and know it's my fault. I think it'll always be that way for me. I'll never really connect with someone else.. it's lonely isn't it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so cool that you're a writer! (I am, too! :D )

    I totally get it! Writing is hard. But it's such a gift, too! :)

    Love this post, LaKaysha!

    ~Liv
    livkfisher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally get this.. I have words in my head that I want to write down, but for some reason they just don't come out right.. Also poems, sometimes I will have a few lines and it takes years to get the rest! Is it possible to be an extrovert and a writer? I think that explains me a little bit..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, I've experienced the curse of being an introvert. ;P But of course there's blessings in it too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally understand! Only that I'm an extrovert...Hmm...
    Sometimes I think I'm an introverted extrovert. Haha!! That doesn't make any sense...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved this so much! I consider myself a writer as well, though I always feel a little guilty because I can't "prove" that I am, because most of my writing is done in my journal, as well. So I understand that feeling! And I know what you mean about "run Jane run"... hahaha!
    The words just cannot match internal rhymn;
    When they go from mind to sight,
    They lose their luster,
    Stop their step.
    I came over from Dominika's blog, and I really enjoyed reading through some of your posts, thank you for sharing!!!
    Blessings,
    Bri from forget-not-his-benefits.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete