Thursday, September 21, 2017

Hear the Ever Tender Words of our Lord


This is something I scribbled down a while ago, when I was feeling overwhelmed with personal problems and stressful things that seemed to be swirling around me. 
 Our minds are always so full, aren't they? 
We think about tomorrow, what we will do, what if this happens, what will I wear to so-and-so's wedding, I need more gas in the rig but my checking is getting so low, a loved one is having a hard time, why did my Grandma have to die, how can I face tomorrow, I'm tired, and angry, and afraid and lonely and confused, there's so much going on in our nation right now, my room needs to be cleaned and I just don't have the time, I can't afford that eye appointment, what if my sister's flight is delayed in the middle of the country, I'm not a good enough person, my heart isn't kind enough, I don't smile enough, I don't cry enough, I'm not pretty enough, I'm too vain, Grandpa isn't well, how can I be an adult and marry when getting gas is stressful.... WHEW!
 Life's problems seemed to build up, and swirl around in our minds until we feel like grabbing at our hair and screaming, "ENOUGH!" 
 With our minds so full of silly, stressful things, how can we hear that still small voice that is always calling to us. 
 How often do we simply sit back and listen?
Not to our minds, and thoughts, but to simply be still and listen.
Hearken to the Voice of our Savior and tell Him, from the bottom of our hearts, that 'I am really angry and hurt right now. Please, help me.' 
 After letting it all go, releasing all of those crazy, wild emotions that seemed so strong, then can we sit and wait. 
 Wait for His comforting touch, which always comes. 
I'm reminded of when Elijah was up at a cave, in 1 Kings chapter 19, and there was a great strong wind, then an earthquake, then a fire, but the Lord wasn't in any of these, but after the fire, Elijah heard a still small voice. 
 It's a beautiful chapter, if you ever want to look into it

Be Still 

I was hurting, I was empty. 
I felt as if God was gone. 

The days seemed so burdened, 
the dark nights so long. 

I screamed out to the Lord, 
I lashed out in fear. 

But to me He seemed silent,
and deaf to every fear. 

I unleashed all my anger, 
I expressed all my woes

But upon a silent ear they fell, 
like soft drifting snows.

At last my anger gave way, 
shouting, I could do no more. 

And with shaking shoulders and heavy heart
I fell to my knees on the floor. 

The heavy silence seemed calming, 
as I wiped away the tears

And ever so gently and tender, 
a voice spoke to soothe my fears

'In the dark of the night, I am there,
In the day's sunshine I dwell

Always, my presence can reach you, 
even in the lowest Hell. 

In the whirlwind of your anger, 
there, I cannot be. 

For in your spirit of fear
your heart does not welcome me

But when you,at last,can listen, 
once you've simply let it go.

Then does My loving Spirit come in 
and then my peace you'll know

Just rest in my arms, dear child, 
Simply be still and know

That I am holding you closer
and I will never let you go'

LaKaysha Stenersen 
August 2017





10 comments: